Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Curls and hurls

Dear Baby Trip,

You have graced us with a few new tricks this week.

The first is that you have learned to clap. This, my little cheerleader, is so terribly cute that I cannot even stand it. You clap a lot. On the way home from Target tonight you were getting fussy and crying and then suddenly you seemed to remember you had this new skill and the next ten minutes went kind of lime this: "waaaaahhh" (clap, clap, clap, clap) "waaaaahhhhh" (clap, clap, clap) "mmmaaaaamamamaaaamaa" (clap, clap, clap, clap).


Clappin' Skillz! (For the record, it does say in the parenting manual that you must say "Yaaaaaay" every single time your child claps. Every. single. time.)


Time for my extreme close up.


Books: Not just for eating.

The second is that you have started to wave. You have been reaching out to people you like for quite a while, but some actual hand opening and closing has begun. Sadly, no pictures yet, so blog readers will have to take our word for it. Knowing the genius baby that you are, this should be no stretch.

The third is kind of gross. All I can say is good thing Mama is a nurse and pretty immune to baby puke. We've all had a cold since the day after Christmas and yesterday you got so, so upset and we tried to give you some Advil thinking you were teething. Normally you suck it down as if it were a fine wine, but you didn't really want it, and I kind of forced it and then you taught me a little lesson by unceremoniously puking it - and everything else in your tummy all over me. And then you did it again. Covered in hot, wet, mucous filled barf (with chunks of peaches), I still felt sorrier for you than me, but I did laugh a little while Daddy stripped us down. We both got in the big bathtub and cleaned the snot and barf off of ourselves. Three minutes in you were happy as a clam!

And let me leave you with this last new development. One precious, perfect, silky little baby curl. It's the only one you have and I think I stroked it a hundred times today.


Hello little friend!


Puh-resh-us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment