My 10 month old bubs! You are turning into such a little boy. It is simultaneously wonderful and sad for me. You spend a lot of your time upright these days....holding on to furniture, the legs of your big heads, and sometimes letting go with one or both hands and trying a little balancing. You have also acquired the never to be underestimated skill of getting back down after standing is no longer wanted or possible.
It goes like this: legs get shaky from standing; brain considers how tushie will get to floor gently; knees bend slowly while face scrunches in concentration and preparation for crash landing; tushie sticks way out in anticipation of contact with floor; tushie hits floor; face lights up in surprise and delight; playing on floor commences for approximately 6.3 seconds; genius baby holds onto furniture and pulls self back to standing; lather; rinse; repeat.
Taking a 6.3 second break on the floor.
This is your Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Play House. If Mommy hears it say, "It's Learning Time" one more time, she may have to learn that thing a lesson. You like to open and close the mailbox on this thing about 865 times a day. It's also great to hold on to when you want to stand up (and sit down and stand up and sit down....).
Panic Tour 2027? I'm in!!!
We just finished celebrating your first Hanukkah. You checked out the candles, opened some presents and enjoyed some homemade latkes. Oma has been here staying with us while Opa skis, so we even got some good Jewish grandmother time in.
Two thirds of us have the holiday spirit.
Kisses and candles
Who needs presents? I just want the card.
I have a little dreidel...
Persistence. You have it.
Latke-licious
After the latke-fest
We also had the obligatory mall-Santa visit. We went with Lilz and her big heads. You waved and squealed at Santa while waiting in line and sat happily on his lap until Lilz sat next to you and promptly burst in to tears. Lilz had to bail on the joint photo, and after that there was no more smiling from Baby Trip, but you were happy to give Santa the infamous Trip stare down and to tug a little bit on that beard.

Lilz had to be bribed with a six dollar chocolate Santa from Godiva and her mama. Santa had to take a break after this photo. I think he needed some eggnog to refuel.

I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle?
Gran sent you a special present to help get you in the holiday spirit.
Slowly and methodically, I will kill this other bald, white creature trying to steal my place in this house.
Seriously Baldy. I will kill you.
I still really love garlic hummus. Really, really love it. Can you see my top two toofies? I have four total now!
You also have a slight obsession with the dishwasher. You like to reach for the plates, roll the rack back and forth and play with the soap dispenser. Once Mommy turned her back for half a second and you climbed onto the open door so you could stand up on it and roll out the top rack. This shaved 2 years off of Mommy's life.
Mama came home from work the other morning and found you curled up on Dada's pillow. I'm pretty sure you had visions of sugar plums dancing in your heads. At least if sugar plums are yummy and can be smeared on your face during dinner.


No comments:
Post a Comment