Sunday, November 1, 2009

Elvis has left the building

Dear Baby Trip,

Your first Halloween! This is seriously exciting for Mommy, who loves dressing up and candy more than just about anything. Also for Daddy, who still likes Halloween despite almost dying as a child in a mummy costume fashioned by Gran and Nancy that didn't exactly breathe in the Texas heat.

I am proud to say that I somehow found time to hand sew your costume, and even if your cousin Sam has better Elvis hair than you do, you have the lip curl perfected. You were up most of last night (poor Dada stayed up with you while Mama was at work) and riding on almost no nap, but the glitter cape and gold flares perked you right up (well, duh!).


One reason I can't sleep: I know how to pull up now! Emergency crib lowering has commensed.


Another reason I can't sleep: New milestone! Crawling (it ain't graceful, but I get where I need to go).


For Ween festivities (read: to show off that our kid's costume is cooler than your kid's costume) we trekked over to Belvedere Street, a mecca of candy, decorations, toddler raves and lets be honest, a lot of whining and crying from overstimulated nose pickers. You let Mama eat your four pieces of candy. Mama let you stay up till 9:30. Should you ever wish to trade Halloween candy for favors in the future, my door is always open. Just sayin.


Look over there! A Princess Lea!


And look over there! Another Princess Lea!


It's no Graceland, I'll tell you that.


Dada, WHAT is going on around here?


Toddler Rave! (Next year, T. I promise!)


I call this stroller my "Lisa Marie."


Why are my Big Heads wearing those slick shades?


And do you know where I can get a pair?


Chillin with Dada at the Mitchiners post-Ween chili fest.



Thanks for the ball Lilz, but I think I'll just enjoy the envelope.


This Itsy Bitsy Spider is my cougar, and she can walk now!


Lilz loves on Trip (listen to my overprotective Dada in the background!).


And then loves him a little bit less.

No comments:

Post a Comment