Friday, November 6, 2009

Bad Mommy, Happy Baby

Dear Baby Trip,

Today was Mama and Dada's 4th wedding anniversary. Seems so long ago that we were married in some ways, although I have so many vivid memories of the day. Dada and I were just saying that when we were at Uncle Jeff and Aunt Jenny's wedding we felt so many emotions remembering what our wedding was like, and watching someone else go through it all. It's one of those things you just can't really get inside until you are doing it...

Not unlike having a baby. You plan, you imagine, you have an inkling....but really, when you came out of me and they put you on my chest and I heard you crying and stared at that little, red, outraged face....the wash of love and awe that enveloped me cannot be described. I will never forget it.

Just like I will never forget standing under the sun on a Saturday afternoon, saying my vows to your Daddy. So Happy Anniversary to us! And you, little Trip, are the best present ever. Life is so different with you here, but overflowing with giggles, snuggles, wonder and bliss. Our cup runneth over.


Oh, I am a bad mommy, but the happy arm flapping gets me every time (and it was just a few tastes, I swear).

No comments:

Post a Comment