Give us all a cookie. We have survived our first cross country trip!! Last Thursday we got on a plane and flew to Texas for your Uncle Jeff and Aunt Jenny's wedding. Mama was so nervous to get on a plane with you, but you did so well! I was careful not to look around as we sat down so that I would not meet the gaze of all disappointed, childless passengers nearby (a group I have been a card carrying member of since even I was a baby). And I scrubbed down our row with about 100 antibacterial wipes before you touched a thing (and by the way, plane seats are diiirty). Other than a brief wail for not being allowed to chew on the barf bag and Skymall magazine, you were a champ.

We spent the night in Dallas where you got to meet your cousin Sam, who was in the throes of his first cold. You immediately rolled around in his baby germs and despite our efforts to keep you from getting sick (seriously, who were we kidding??) you have a raging runny nose and cough today. Blowing snot bubbles is the trick du jour, my little friend.
Can you catch the actual exchange of baby germs?
Showdown with Max. Who will be the boss of the bagel? (Hint: It is not you).
You wanna lick?
Anyway, we drove a couple hours to Rough Creek Lodge and settled in for a really great weekend. You had a Rough Creek sitter while Mama went to the bridal luncheon. I am pretty sure you watched two hours of Jerry Springer while she sat for you, but you were alive and kicking when I came back, so let's assume no permanent damage done.
Two nekkid Clifton boys, checkin out the view.
That night we went to the rehearsal dinner at a BBQ joint. You were a bit overwhelmed at all the noise and people at first, but once the food was served you settled right down. Holy cow, you were grunting for more the whole meal. I guess with a mama from Memphis and a dada from Texas, you are genetically programmed to like BBQ. Ribs, brisket, potato salad, baked beans, pecan pie. You LOVED. IT. ALL. Your whole body was covered in sauce, but you were happy as a pig in...well, let's just say you were happy.
Mama, I need to tell you something: These ribs are YUMMY!!
Nom nom-licious!
Check out my belly...and the onesie I ruined.
Mmmm...fresh baby.
Saturday morning you woke up, smiled and showed off your first tooth. Sniff sniff. So exciting, but also a sign that you are growing up so fast. We stopped by the pre-wedding lunch where you ate some baby sized buffalo burgers and nursed al fresco. Then we got ready for the main event and you had a very sweet baby sitter (thanks for the hook up Allison!!!) who came from Ft Worth to sit for you all evening. As she was your favorite type: blond with lipstick, you warmed right up to her. All the grown ups had a blast at the wedding and you slept like a champ after she put you down for the night.

Check out my little buffalo burger. You have it with a beer. I'll have it with a boob.
Texas size breezes. I loves them!
This party is So MUCH FUN!
You know what the difference is between me and you?
I make this look good!
Sunday morning tooth number two made an appearance before we packed up and enjoyed some leisurely good byes, and then headed back to Dallas for one last night. That last night turned in two however, since we got bumped off our flight for 1500$ in vouchers and got one more night with Gran and Big Daddy to boot. Then we were off to San Francisco again. The flight home was pretty good, except that we both fell asleep while I was nursing you in the window seat. Unfortunately, I woke up with my bare boob in my hand and your mouth nowhere near it. Woops.
Gran, I gonna eat these flowers.
Big Daddy, I will miss you so much. But don't worry. I'll be back (in about an hour after we get bumped).
Last night we had a brief visit at the pumpkin patch with Lily and her Big Heads. You were not feeling so good between the teeth and the cold, but you powered through and even tolerated the sad little pumpkin costume one more time. I felt so sorry for you I even let you eat some leaves. I am sure they were clean, these leaves that were in the pumpkin patch. In the middle of the city. On a busy, traffic and smog filled corner. That is usually a parking lot. I am just sure of it.
Dirt: It's what's for dinner.
One of these pumpkins is not like the others.
This pumpkin is mine!
Last year they would be holding beers and not babies.
Being cute is exhausting.
And oh yeah...
You are getting so old T!
And these shots are getting a tad more challenging.


No comments:
Post a Comment