We had an awesome first birthday celebration Sunday. It was a lot of work to put it all together between jobs, baby wrangling and all the other stuff that keeps us hopping, but oh...it was so worth it! Mama decided that since this will likely be the only truck, monster, super hero or sports free birthday party for you in the foreseeable future, I should go ahead and pick what I want. Like 367 people didn't remind me this party was all for me and Dada anyway. Hey, we did all the diaper changes, laundry and waking up at nights, don't mind if we do throw ourselves a little soiree for some self-congratulations!
We chose (OK, OK, I just told Dada what we were doing and handed him a list of tasks) a Mad Hatter Tea Party theme, although technically you didn't really wear your hat and we served bubbles instead of tea.
A Very-Merry Un-Birthday invite
All one year olds need a giant hookah at their birthday parties.
I do believe those flowers are staring at me.
Stringing these playing card garlands was so not tedious. And I definitely didn't have finger cramps from hole punching either.
Yummy "Drink Me" favors filled with Mexican hot chocolate.
Buffet of treats = cavities and sugar rush.
We did have tea sandwiches, scones, cookies and the mother load of cake. Almost everyone rocked a festive hat and Lilz even sported an Alice dress, thus securing her spot as your Jr Prom date in 2026 (and no, you cannot stay out all night, and no you cannot borrow Mama's red Corvette).
nu%3D3262)439)469)WSNRCG%3D33(+5847%3B732+nu0mrj.jpg)
Lilz giggles at her extreme cuteness.
Mama channels a psychedelic Martha Stewart.
Baby choking hazard or chewy treat? You decide!
Mandatory scones and tea sandwiches (cucumber of course, manchego and quince paste, salmon and cream cheese and peanut butter and Nutella. Guess which ones got eaten first? Ahem, peanut butter and Nutella lovers!).
Smash cake for the birthday boy. Please, please admire the adorable mushrooms I carved from gumdrops. Go ahead, admire them some more.
Oh holy grail of birthday cakes. How I love thee.
You had a great time being passed from girl to girl for a lot of snuggles and eating a lot of ground-scores from people who dropped crumbs on the floor.
Mama gazed at the camera. You gaze at a balloon held aloft as bait.
Happy, happy family.
"First Cake" was a smashing success. Let's just say you were not that kid that gets overwhelmed with the birthday singing and then scared of the cake mess stuck to your hands.
Ummm...what is going here?
Oh, is this for me?
Don't mind if I do!
Double fisting!
The best day of my life, people!
Wait...Am I making a piggie of myself?
And do I care???
We gave you a quick hose-down after the gluttony and then you were right back into the party scene.
You had to stay up until 9:30 to work off the sugar buzz, but we let it slide. Mostly because we were too tired to do anything but watch you spin laps around the living room while we slumped on the couch.
Thank goodness you offered to do the dishes....
A big old thank you smoochie for letting me eat an entire cake..I mean throwing me an awesome party.


Mr.T your party looked amazing! Congratulations on becoming UNO! kisses and love to you ~ turmans
ReplyDelete