Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dirt and dollars

Dear Little Trip,

The last few days you've been honing your walking skills. I didn't quite think you'd go from taking a few steps to walking across the room so quickly, but watch out world, you are up on two feet to stay (except when you've crashed back down on your tush that is). Thank goodness we buy you the really pricey diapers that have a lot of padding (you're welcome!).


Just rummaging around in my favorite cabinet.


And now I'm taking a little stroll over to my favorite new, shiny garbage cans.


And now I am getting ready to fall on my face.


And now I am screaming in outrage at being told I cannot play in said shiny, new garbage cans.

We pretty much need to have a bath every night now (ahem...food in the hair, eyelashes, feet and other unmentionable crevices), and it's become a part of the bedtime routine. The sink is our current favorite place to get you squeaky clean. I take you back to your room after dinner and get you stripped down. As soon as that (expensive and well padded) diaper comes off you start making excited baby hoot noises, knowing what is coming next. We go back into the kitchen with you in the buff and you start to wiggle with glee as you spot the little tub full of water. You like to stand in the water for a minute and bounce up and down. Then you slowly bend your knees and ease your little nekkid self in, grinning the whole time. Good stuff little man!


Sometimes I try to catch this water.


I know if I try hard enough it will be mine.

We've enjoyed some sunny days this week and taken some fun rides in the new red car to the park. You ride around in that thing like you are the king and the car is your chariot. That makes Mama your horse, I think. Hmmph.


Cruisin for babes. And doggies. Not necessarily in that order.


Is it still tree hugging if it is only a stump?

We also spend a lot of time in our back garden. This has always been a favorite spot of yours. You love to look at flowers. And rip them off the stems. And try to eat them. You get this from your Oma's side of the family (the love of flowers, not the ripping and eating...at least that I know of).


These purple flowers are my favorites.


But I am not opposed to destroying this garden chatchkie either.


Now I think I will eat an entire mouthful of dirt.


Yep, I am definitely going to eat dirt now.

We took another field trip up to the Discovery Museum. None of your fans will be surprised to hear you were once again the wettest kid in the museum. Mama had the smarts to let you play in the water area on the way out this time though. And to bring you an entire change of clothes. So what if she only brought one of your shoes with her and you had to toddle around in your socks, once again forcing better parents to shun our inexperience and general low-class-ness.


I got it Mama, I got it!


Oh wait...I don't got it!


I got it! (sort of).


Must shout with joy at freedom to soak self in public...


Towel anyone?

You like to play with all things that toddlers have absolutely no business playing with, and my wallet is no exception. Sometimes I give in. This is what my weakness results in.


What do you mean, "What am I doing?"


If I just ignore you, you won't be able to tell me to put it down.


I'll just keep this ten dollar bill for myself.


And you can have this one dollar bill, Mama!


No, never mind.


I think I'll keep this one too.


Thanks for the cash Mama.


Now on to the credit cards...You got something in here that buys electronics?

No comments:

Post a Comment