Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Carbo loading

Dear Baby Trip,

First off, let's welcome your new cousin Mason to the world! He arrived yesterday. Mommy will not tell you how old she feels seeing he baby brother with a baby. Nevertheless, it is a super special event, and I hope you will have as much fun with Mason as we had with our cousins. And don't forget Mason lives in the same place as Mickey Mouse, so be extra nice to him.



Today we had your 6 month check up. You are weighing in at 16 lbs 15 oz and you are 26 3/4 inches. You handled the latest round of shots OK and for the first time you made it all the way to the doctor's office in your car seat without crying. This, my friend, is a small miracle.

We are washing your 6-12 month clothes (and holy cow there are a lot of them) and will start transitioning out of the smaller 3-6 things. You are pulling up on elbows and knees and rocking like you want to crawl, and sometimes you get up on your tiptoes in this position, downward dog style. You also now reach up for us when you are lying in your crib and want out, which is pretty heartwarming.

Here you are playing hard:



Oma wears you out when she watches you!


At The Four Seasons for your first wine tasting (with Jeff and Jennifer visiting from Hong Kong!). You skipped the wine and opted for breastfeeding in the lobby instead.


Trip in a box!


A few of your favorite things:

Saying "Dadadadada." I am trying to teach you "Mama," but so far you just find that very funny.

Playing tickle. Baby hysterics and hair pulling are sure to ensue.

Taking baths in the big bathtub with me. You splash and swim. If I start to laugh, you splash harder. I laugh harder....it goes on and on until the bathroom is soaked.

Being upside down. If you are on a lap, you are attempting to flip upside down on said lap. If we hold you and let you hang upside down you squeal with glee. I seriously had to ask the dumb mom question to the pedi today to make sure so much upside down time is safe. She only laughed at me a little.

And naked time, sips of water and Sophie the Giraffe continue to be big winners.

A few of my favorite things:

Reading you stories. OK, you spend half the time trying to eat the book, but I so love having you on my lap in the rocker and reading to you. I hope reading will be as important to you as it is to us.

Nursing you. It is certainly convenient now that we have the hang of it, but the best part is snuggling up with you all day to feed you. Sometimes you stop to look up at me and smile or coo. And when I come home from work in the morning and all three of us are in bed, I nurse you and talk to Daddy about the night. You have to pause and roll over to touch and look at Daddy when you hear his voice. You smile at him, wait for him to smile back at you, and then roll back to eat some more. Bliss, bliss, bliss.

Watching you laugh and laugh and laugh, and seeing you try to make us laugh too. What's better than baby giggles? Maybe baby squealing.

The chatterbox you become at about 6 AM. After that nursing session some switch turns on and you start to give baby lectures. I don't know what you are saying, but I know it's important.


Meanwhile on the home front:

We have started solids!! Here's a glimpse at what you've tried. I am afraid your faves are all carbs so far. Definitely Mommy's kid.


Celery: Good for teething.


Bagel: Yum yum!


Rice cake: Also pretty yummy!


Zuchinni: Well....


Yucky Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment