Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hello suburbs!

Dear Little Trip,

Mama and Dada have been searching for a perfect house for you for almost a year (read: Mama has been taking you on house tours all over the Bay Area so you can touch other people's personal objects with your sticky fingers), and we are so happy to announce that we are finally in it! We are pretty exhausted from the packing, unpacking, and renovating, but we can't wait to be settled in to the home we hope you'll grow up in.


Brief pause in unpacking to enjoy first Mini Nutty Butty. Who needs licking skills when you have shoving skills?


Yeah, it's all in my mouth now.


I have no idea who got chocolate fingerprints on your new walls, Mama.


We are meeting lots of nice neighbors when we take walks in The Little Red Plastic Car, and you are enjoying playing with boxes, tape and the occasional dangerous tool while we unpack. One day you will no longer have wood paneling in your new room, but I can't guarantee that will happen before you realize how uncool wood paneling actually is.


I'm only sampling these sprinkles so you'll know it's safe to keep them.


Where does this go? (Notice death grip on yellow bus).


Mama is feeling really proud over this picture. Sheesh. Normally we only let you play with dangerous tools on the weekend.

We took you to your first concert a couple weeks ago. Zero was playing at the San Geronimo Community Center, where Mama and Dada had gone about ten years before to see the same band at the same event. Although we were younger, wilder, and definitely cooler back then, it was a pretty special moment to watch you dancing around, sporting the same funny moves your Dada has (don't tell him I said that).


Groovin with my hip Mama.


I loaned Auntie Monica my yellow car. Auntie Monica loaned me her beer.


And why would you eat corn any other way?


First of all, I can't hear the music with these things on. Second of all, they are pink.


Mama has no idea what is going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment