Monday, April 5, 2010

Lotsa Matzoh and Bountiful Bunnies

Dear Little Trip,

Spring time in San Francisco is here, and with it Easter and Passover. We skipped out on the Passover Seder last year due to your extreme unwillingness to be in a car seat for more than two minutes without shrieking in protest, but this year we made the drive to Oma and Opa's to eat some matzoh and sing some goofy songs about plagues. You amazed us all by not only loving the driest and most constipating food product on the planet, but also by digging in to matzoh ball soup, gefilte fish and chopped liver. And I can't even tell you how much charoses you ate. This yummy salad is made form chopped apples, walnuts and a lot of sweet Kosher wine. It was the apples you liked and not the wine, right?

You mostly banged around in the pots and pan cabinet while we worked our way through the Passover story, but you liked the singing and the balloon Oma bought you and we had a great time.


Getting blessed at the beginning of the seder.


Mama, I can't look at the camera. I am trying to digest this matzoh stuff.


I already can't poop.

Easter was also a fun celebration, especially because it was also Dada's birthday. We started the day with Lilz and her Big Heads for an Egg Hunt. You kind of just ran around and reveled in all the chaos, but you managed to pick up a few pieces of candy and one egg and you enjoyed running up to the Easter Bunny so that you could gaze at his furry goodness.


But why can't I bring this as my Easter basket?


It's OK that we are late and in a hurry, Mama. That's why I'm helping.


I match my Dada and this bunny. Someone is going to pay.


I have no idea what's going on. I am just running around and squealing.


Not above pilfering through Lily's basket.


Or checking out her underwear.


I still have no idea what's going on.


Mama, do you know what's going on?


Dada....Dada knows what to do! Put candy in basket. Brilliant!




Thanks Easter Bunny! Bawk Bawk!


We came home and gave you your first Easter basket, and as predicted, the plastic eggs were by far the best part. Prying the delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Cup still fully wrapped from your mouth was another story.


The Easter Bunny put socks in my basket? Lame-O!


I will just take this chocolate bunny from Dada's basket!


This candy tastes metallic.


Ahhh...much better unwrapped.

Later that night we had Uncle Barney and Aunt Monica over for dinner and you ate an impressive amount of ham and the buttermilk chess pie Mama made for dessert. Auntie Monica has an insatiable appetite for all things Trip, so she helped feed you dinner, put on your jammies and generally treat you like the little prince we think you are. You obliged her adoration by grubbing up her Marc Jacobs accessories and expensive outfit.


I remember this candle and singing thing!


Almost as much fun as swim class.


Maybe just as much fun!

And a few videos to soak up your cuteness in motion...


Checking out some Girl Scout deliciousness.


Doing what he does best...



Future All Star?


I got the blues. The blueberry blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment