My baby boy, you are getting so big and yet you are still so small. Today you were sleeping next to me on the couch and I was mesmerized at your tiny little self that depends so completely on Daddy and me. Then I looked at a picture of you at a week and I can no longer fathom you being so small and fragile. I love seeing you develop every day, but I am sad to see each phase pass us by. Parenthood is full of these dichotomies, I guess.
Meanwhile, the 6 AM wake up is a thing of the past. We are riding on 4 or 5 AM most days, and you seem to enjoy a long conversation with Daddy after you finish nursing. We get a good nap in after that, but poor Daddy has to usually get up and work after a little more shut eye. You are rolling back and forth like a champ and exploring the world with your mouth. It's so fun to see you enjoying all of your toys so much. We have been getting out to eat with you a bit and we are taking some nice walks too.
Some of your favorite things right now:
When Mommy sings Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" and Steve Miller's "Fly Like an Eagle." I only know the choruses, but I sing them over and over (and in my sleep) and you seem to like it. You have no idea how bad my voice is.
Being swung up over our heads to fly around.
Grabbing your feet and holding on for dear life. This also seems to well, make you toot. We never get tired of laughing at your gas.
Being talked to in a deep, deep voice. No idea what that's about, but it makes you laugh.
Talk, talk, talking all the time!!
Getting some things off your chest....
Delicious baby tushie
Working on my guns and my two pack with some baby push ups.
Babies R Us threw up in our house...


No comments:
Post a Comment